Monday, January 02, 2006

How much space can a crayon really take up? Well, it's never "just one crayon" though, is it? It's 64 crayons X 2 boxes, a coloring book, 12 hackey-sacks, 3 packs of stickers and a bag of balloons. According to The Math Of Packing, this equals one skirt or one shirt. Which do I leave home? I have 3 skirts to bring and I really like them all, plus, in Haydom they request women to wear skirts as opposed to pants. So I need my skirts. But I am only taking 4 shirts; 1 sleeveless, 2 long sleeve and one short sleeve. So I certainly need all those too. I could leave out a hat, I was going to take 2 of them, I could also leave out the cheap pair of flip-flops that I bought to use in dicey showers (I just don't need any fungal infections of the toes...) And maybe I don't really need...well...I actually do need everything else.

By the way, the crayons etc are not for my own amusement, we are bringing small gifts for the children in Haydom. If we happen to not meet any kids, then I guess I'll be coloring a lot during my "down time"!

No comments: