Friday, June 30, 2006

The mosquitos are horrendous this year, a person can hardly walk in the bush. You see people flapping their hands and waving their arms, looking as if they are trying to fly. However, a few weeks ago Steven and I were walking a back path up at Idlewild and we came across a Parks worker who was spraying the area for mosquitos. It's now a great place to go to because no one else realizes that it is bug free, and in the cool morning before the sun gets to its full power for the day it is a quiet and calm place to be. This morning it was just Gypsy and me. You can see how quickly it starts to look deserted and overgrown. It almost has a mysterious feeling to it. All you can hear are the birds and the faint rustle of the leaves as a tiny breeze passes by.

"Who has seen the wind? Neither you nor I. But when the trees bow down, the wind is passing by."

1 comment:

Californiamama said...

I love this picture! And your comments were thoughtful and well written, I really enjoyed the whole entry! One of these days I'll get back on my blog, but in the meantime I'm sure enjoying yours.