Thursday, February 21, 2008

Paris Day 2

We rose bright and early and had our included breakfast in the tiny hotel breakfast nook. Everyone gets 1 croissant, 1 crusty bun, a butter pat, a glass of juice (it was so good, apricot I think) and a pot of coffee with hot, frothy milk. Oh, and I must not forget, a selection of Victor's homemade jam...18 different kinds, I like the grapefruit the best. These breakfasts in a cafe run about 9 Euro, or about $13.00 (each), so having it included in our room price was a substantial savings. Plus we got to enjoy the company of Othello, the sad eyed beagle who came looking for treats, and then sadly wandered away when it was evident that nothing was forthcoming. However, we were warned by Victor that if we gave the dog any of our food, then the next day we could expect Othellos food on OUR plate! One day I had buttered part of my bun and then realized that my butter had vanished. I figured I had dropped in in the newspaper that I was reading, but I couldn't find it, I looked on the floor and it wasn't there, soI just assumed that it was stuck on me somewhere and that it would turn up as soon as I stood up. I continued eating until I felt a scratching on my lap, I looked down to see Othello scraping his teeth across the tinfoil butter pat that had fallen on my leg. I quickly grabbed it from him and hastily crumpled it up and tucked it beside my coffee cup. Othello gave me a glare as he walked away, breathing butter fumes onto the next guest. "But, I digress." This morning is all about Disneyland Resort Paris, as it is called. Maria, the owner, gave us instructions on how to best get there, which involved taking the Metro. We actually managed to do that just fine, and you can purchase the Metro ticket and your Disney pass right at the Metro ticket place. Very handy. So we hopped on the train and off we went! It's only a 20 minute ride and before you know, there you are. Disney is Disney anywhere I think, it was just like Disneyland and Disneyworld, and Abby had a wonderful time and ended up the proud owner of a fancy, fairy dress.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: