Thursday, August 28, 2008

Silence

I am a huge proponent of silence. I am always telling people to "turn it down" or more often "turn it off". I get up in the morning and never turn on a radio or TV, and if I am alone for a few days, sometimes I never hear another human voice. Which I enjoy; I don't know if that makes me strange or normal, but I would rather hear nothing than something, especially when the "something" is sensless gibberish. I wonder why more people can't be together without always trying to "fill the silence." Scott tells me I have "eagle ears" because I can hear the slightest noise, and it usually annoys me...a lot. To me, silence really is golden. This tree is a nice spot that Steven and I found on one of our walks, it overlooks one of the 5 alkali lakes behind our house, and I have wandered up there a few times and just sat under the tree and listened to the wind. It's the best medicine for stress, I highly recommend it!
~ I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge and silence to be ignorance.
~Kahlil Gibran
Posted by Picasa

No comments: