Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Changing of the guard

Let me introduce Mr. Noble Beak. Since we have no dog living here right now, my little neighbour girl decided that the tree that is on the little patch of yard that separates our two homes would be our new "watch dog." It would protect our flowers from the deer that stop by almost every night for a quick nibble. When I spotted this "tree face" for sale downtown, I quickly snatched it up and raced home where Steven couldn't wait to put it up and see the childrens' reaction. All three of them (the girl, 4 yrs, and her two twin brothers, 2 years) were enthralled and when I said they had to give him a name, the girl quickly came up with Mr. Noble Beak. The one boy said "I like him" and the other said "Is that a tiger?" So here is our new guard, watching out over the neighbourhood.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: