Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Part 23 Vinales

After leaving the caves, we stopped for a typical Cuban lunch at a roadside cafe. Chicken, pork, black beans & rice and beer. It was really good, but it was crowded, and in the Cuban fashion, you share a table with others (about 14 others I think) and I was too embarrassed to take a picture of the food. I may be a tourist geek, but even I have my limits.
Vinales is a World Heritage Site, which I didn't know. Both the valle and the town. It's spelled "valle" and not "valley" here. Just so you know. The town is considered a perfectly preserved colonial town. There is a lot of restoration going on, but eventually all the buildings will be beautiful pastel colours, as they were in the 1600's. You can rent the rooms, and how I'd love to come back some time and do so.
Coffee Break.Posted by Picasa

No comments: