Tuesday, October 12, 2010

When I was little, my favorite books were ones with stories about secret paths, hidden places, gnomes, woodland nymphs and the like. Books by Enid Blyton were the all time best, and the series about The Borrowers. To this day when I go for a walk, the paths that I see that branch off into hidden corners of the woods are so intriguing that I just have to follow them, in hopes of finding an elf or other woodland creature running hastily along the forest floor, looking for the opening into his Fairy Land. Usually they knock on an old stump or a giant mushroom and a door opens as little elvin faces peek furtively out, making sure that no Above Ground people, like myself, see their secret entrance. Once you get inside...it's a whole other Adventure! Even at my age, I am still always hoping, but so far, no luck...



Posted by Picasa

No comments: