Sunday, January 30, 2011

My favorite new piece of technology is this Kindle. I'm not really one for new and modern items, I still eschew cell phones, although I can more and more see their place in certain peoples lives. I can't get the hang of the place-finder thing...what's it called? In your vehicle? It escapes my mind right now, but you know what I mean, however I really need to get mine set up and working because I do have quite the knack for getting lost. Of course, I get lost while on foot, not in my vehicle, thus the lackadaisicle effort in hooking it up.
But, I am digressing. I am here to wax poetic about the Kindle. I am a very tactile person, and I love books...the actual book, I love to touch them, smell their booky-scent and above all, to read them. I love to flip the pages and close them as I ponder the adventures yet to come in the pages unturned. So, for me to love my Kindle is something that sort of surprises my family and friends.
I love that I can download a book in less than a minute, and as I read it it, I can take notes, look up definitions of new and unknown words, I can see what passages other readers have thought memorable and I can even quickly send highlighted passages to my Facebook or Twitter accounts. (I don't Twitter, but I could if I wanted to....)
I love that there are thousands and thousands of free books, many of them classics that I always mean to read, but I never quite get around to it. Now I can download them in seconds and read them whenever (and where ever) I get a moment. Posted by Picasa
I love that I can hold 3,500 books in the palm of my hand.

No comments: