Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hot 'n Cold.

What a gorgeous day it was today. It snowed last night, a massive amount, must have been close to a foot. It was the light and fluffy kind, not too hard to walk in. I went for a walk up to Idlewild Park, and I was the first one there today...it was so silent and peaceful.
     The snow on the branches was just starting to get too heavy and the trees were dropping loads of snow, it was a pretty amazing thing to watch...one tree would start to lose all the snow and I could hear a grainy sounding "whooooooosh" and then the next tree would start and so on, like a domino effect.


I'll see if I can upload a little video clip of it.
After hiking through the snow, which was almost to my knee, I was somewhat exhausted...it's tough walking through snow, even the fluffy kind. Anyhow, it was now close to lunch time and I was getting a bit peckish, as my Mom used to say, so I scurried home and made some tasty grilled cheese sandwiches...Laughing Cow Jalapano cheese, cappicola, black forest ham and fresh whole wheat bread. Mmmm....nice and warm after a cold winter walk. Ahhhhhh...retired life....worth the wait....

1 comment:

Californiamama said...

Beautiful pictures!