Saturday, May 26, 2012

Healthy and not so much....


Today is a "picture is worth a thousand words" day. I know I am so far behind in blogging, and I have no excuse. None.

Today I made cookies. A healthy cookie that is supposed to help rid your body of toxins, via eating dandelions. As you may, or may not know, dandelions are chock full of antioxidants, and a half cup of them have more iron than spinach, and a whole ton of vitamins A, C and K, plus all sorts of other magical properties.

They're also a diuretic, which is the part that helps cleanse the body I guess. i ate four, so we'll see how many times I get up tonight. I'll let you know! Then, to defeat the whole purpose of eating healthy, I purchased these cupcakes. Because, well, LOOK at them! One has rhubarb though, and that's healthy. Right?

But then I made a very healthy dinner. Chicken breast wrapped around roasted red pepper, a piece of cheddar and a slice of bacon. Yeah, I know, but the chicken and pepper part was healthy. Right?

And look at the salad...spinach, kale, arugula, a bit of feta, sunflower seeds, Asian sesame dressing. Well, the greens are healthy. Right?

*sigh* Why is it so hard to eat healthy?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: