Friday, June 29, 2012

U.S. of A. Yay and Nay.

First of all, let me say, I have a lot of American friends whom I adore. As well as friends from other countries. All of us discuss our various governemnts and we all complain. I don't think any of us has a government to be proud of, except perhaps Sweden, Denmark, Finland and the like. The rest of us put up with crap and corruption, lies and laziness, dolts and dumbasses.

One of the things I like best about going to the States is going to the grocery stores. For a country so similar to ours, I cannot  believe the wonderful things they stock on their shelves! Things I just never see around here...new and exciting cereals, packaged foods that I've never heard of, canned goods that boggle my mind, and the prices....whoa...the prices.....


Soup varieties I've never seen!

GIANT jars af Vlasic for $1.98. We pay $6.00 for half this size.
I could spend hours wandering through the aisles. I saw pickled watermelon rind, I saw powdered goat milk, I saw canned crawfish and brown tomatoes called "kumatos". I saw gold and silver spray "paint" that you actually spray on your food. I wonder if that makes your poop sparkle?

We get bothered by mosquitos up here, and we can buy all sorts of mosquito and bug repellent, but I've never seen this before, damn pesky birds:

And outside the store, I almost bought one of these:

I don't know why this came out sideways.  Boo.

But some of the "freedoms" allowed in the USA, I think go too far.
We went to The Black Sheep, which is a sporting goods/hunting/camping place. Steven buys almost all his hunting stuff here, the people are great and the prices are rock bottom. Cheaper than anywhere else, and they have three huge stores, one with the hunting/camping gear, from guns and knives and fishing supplies...everything you could need for the outdoors, one with clothes for the aforementioned sports, and a liquidation place.In other words, its not some rinky-dink Mom & Pop place.

So, I'm wandering around and I see some posters. I thought for a second they were Justin Beiber, and I wondered why he  would be here. Then I realized it was someone else, but I didnt recognize who, perhaps a hunting icon? I wandered over, and to my shock, I realized it wasn't a poster, but a target. A target of a kid. A kid in a hoodie.
A target of a kid in a hoodie that you are supposed to practice shooting at.
Really? Really?
There were actually 2, they were attatched and you got them both for .99. The second one had the prime kill zones, so you'd know where to shoot.
Seriously? I honestly felt my stomach lurch.
I thought to myself "No one is going to believe this." So I picked one up and went to the till. The clerk was a young girl, maybe late teens, early twenties and and when I said "Is this a shooting target?" She smiled and said "Yeah, crazy hey? We can hardly keep them in stock, especially after that whole Treyvan thing. We also had zombies and President Obama." and she happily rang up my purchase.

Zombies...OK, whatever. But this?

I'm actually at a loss for words.


2 comments:

Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.