Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Fast Food Adventure.

I would think the last time I ate at a fast food place in town was maybe two years ago. Not particularly because it's not healthy, because there's no doubt I eat junky stuff occasionally, but mostly because it tastes awful and the ambiance of a fast food place is so depressing....tables and floors are always littered, everything is so plasic-y, and its just not enjoyable.

 Anyhow...yesterday, for reasons that are just too long and boring to get into,  we decided to grab a burger at Dairy Queen. Well, I gotta say, what an experience. I went in and was waiting for Steven to park the truck, and I walked to the cake display (cake display? In a fast food? Who knew? Not me....they were amazing-looking, and I don't even like ice-cream). I wasn't there for literally one minute, and a staff member asked me if I needed help. IN A FAST FOOD PLACE! Nice! That was one thumbs up. Then, when we ordered our meal (it was only $6 for a bacon-cheese burger, fries, drink and a small sundae...two thumbs up), anyhow, when we ordered, she gave us a number. They bring it to your table. IN A FAST FOOD PLACE. That's a third thumbs up.


 And at our table, which was clean, are actual containers of ketchup, mustard, napkins etc. None of those annoying ketchup packs that you never manage to tear open correctly so that when you squeeze them, the ketchup squirts all crooked and on your clothes. Or on to your companion. So now we have four thumbs up. The food was brought over in next to no time, and, to my surprise, it was SO good. The fries were hot, hot, hot, crispy and yummy. The hamburger was not falling apart and slithering out of the bun, and it didn't have that "glob" of condiment dropped on the bun, and/or that giant hunk of lettuce that sticks up 2 inches high, and that tomato slice that makes everything soggy and slippery. It was seriously almost as good as homemade. Maybe as good. I had coffee instead of pop, and it was in a ceramic mug and a staff member actually made the rounds with a pot for refills. Five thumbs up.

(Below-Mmmmmm.....how I felt, perhaps how I even looked)


 We didn't want the sundae, but the woman who took our order was quite horrified by this (given that we were, after all, at a Dairy Queen) so she gave us each a coupon for a free sundae for another time. So, a sixth thumbs up for our local Dairy Queen. I would most assuredly eat there again, and recommend it to anyone. I don't know who owns or manages it, but if you are reading this, and you know them, pass it on.

(Below-our local DQ)


No comments: