Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Life is a Catch-22.

So I picked up my malaria meds today ($128.00 for 26 Malarone tablets) and I also got a prescription for Ciproflaxin ($45.00) which is a pretty potent antibiotic in case I get really bad Traveller's Diarrhea. Dr O'brien was a little reluctant to prescribe it, but I convinced him that I wouldn't take it foolishly or needlessly.

I came home and read the inserts very carefully, figuring I should know all that there is to know about NOT getting malaria. I see that one of the side effects of Malarone is diarrhea. Oh well, not a big deal because I have my Ciproflaxin. As I read the side effects for it, I see that, oddly enough, one of them is actually diarrhea. Oh well, I also have a package of Immodium. I check that out and see that one of it's side effects is an upset stomach. Well guess what ? I also have a bottle of Pepto Bismal! I read the insert of that only to discover that you should not take Pepto if you are taking Malarone!

Maybe I just won't even eat over there, I'll survive on fruit roll-ups and trail mix from home...

No comments: