Thursday, December 22, 2005

I can hardly believe that in only 15 more days I will be heading towards Africa! Well, I'll actually be heading towards Vancouver, but that's the start of the trip. Everything is purchased, the suitcase is packed ( more or less...I still need to do some serious fine tuning there.) and Nicole has e-mailed me our itinerary, complete with phone numbers of the hotels we have booked. Even they, the phone numbers, seem exotic; long and not in the 3-3-4 sequence that we have in North America. I like the idea of a phone number being 0747 787088, (just in case you ever need to call the Dhow Palace in Zanzibar.)

Scott will be home sometime tonight for Christmas, the roads are covered with black ice right now, so I hope the weather warms up a bit before he leaves Edmonton. This morning I couldn't walk down our driveway, it was a sheer sheet of ice, I had to slide and slither my way down. A very faint mist of rain is falling, and the temperature is just 0, so it will be a trecherous day for travel unless it warms up a degree or two.

I just came back from the hairdresser, with a very short cut which will hopefully be "care-free" during our trip. We won't have any blow-driers or curling irons with us, so hair will all be "wash n' wear", mind you, I guess we will have hats on for most of the time, so "hat-hair" will be my biggest worry!

No comments: