Monday, April 21, 2008

This is Eglise St. Julienne le Pauvre, a wonderful medieval church from 1170. The relics here were on display and they are the bones of St. Ursula. Most churches keep their relics under lock & key, so I was a little surprised to see these, and even more surprised that pictures were allowed.
I then walked down Rue de la Huchette, a narrow street that is chock full of little shops filled with your typical, but fun, souviners; from silk scarves and T-shirts, to cooking utensils and fridge magnets. This street also had more cafes than I have ever seen! I stopped and had a crepe, jambon et fromage. That's my crepe that you see cooking. It was giant and I could only eat half of it. There must have been a half a pound of cheese stuffed inside. Just off of this street is an even narrower one called Rue de Chat-qui-Peche, or "Street of the Cat who Fishes" which claims to be the narrowest street in Paris. It's about 3 feet wide, and the awnings of the little shops that are across from each other almost touch. It's pretty dirty and grimy however, and the stores were not very inviting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: