Tuesday, February 24, 2009

By the way. Just a comment that I do know that Octo-mom "only" had 6 embryos implanted, and 2 developed into twins. Not that it makes a difference, really, be it 6 or 8 implants.

Another thought though, nothing to do with Nadya and her kids, I was wondering why the BC government has set up needle exchange programs for drug addicts at the cost of (approx.) $160,000 per year (the cost of building overhead, staff, equiptment and so on) and yet taxpayers like Steven have to pay for lancets and needles to control their diabetes.

I'm not saying that the needle exchange is wrong, I understand that the amount of newly diagnosed cases of HIV/AIDs and other diseases like hepatitis has dropped dramatically, and there are many drug addicts who have taken advantage of the councilling that is available, but I am saying that it seems wrong to give free needles to some, and yet to charge other people who are paying their bills and paying for BC Medical and paying the salaries of the government employees who are in turn biting the very hands that feed them. Ah yes...George Abbott can kiss my ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon. I don't know who George Abbott is BUT sounds like he might be a member of some political party. :)
I seem to recall similar questions, being asked here in Canberra, of the Federal government, re the needle usage of diabetics and drug users and why the diabetics had to pay and the drug users got them for free.