Monday, February 15, 2010

Yesterday was not only Valentine's Day, it would have been my Dad's 82nd birthday. Also, a few days ago it was 2 years since he passed away, so needless to say, I have been thinking of him more than usual this past little while.

Here are the Top Ten Things My Dad Taught Me, in no particular order. Some (#2) I have lived up to, and others (#4) I have tried to.

1. Always keep your gas tank at least half full.
2. Never run with your hands in your pockets.
3.When raising kids, remember the days might be long, but the years are short.
4.Do what is right, not what is easy.
5.Always put the peanut butter on the bread before the jam.
6.Don't worry about what you don't have, be greatful for what you do have.
7. Listen to your Mother.
8. Don't be afraid to be different.
9.Always invest your money where you can get the best compounded interest, but also make sure you always have some "mad money" available.
10. Listen more than you talk.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Coral said...

I am covered in goosebumps! That was really nice to read.