Friday, July 15, 2011

The Land of Giants

After leaving Florence, we headed down into Northern California. Seeing the Redwoods is one of the the things on my Bucket List, and I hadn't realized they were so close. It was a bit of a gloomy day, not really beach weather, so we decided to head down that way. I was in my most favorite $5.00 Wal-mart pyjama-type pants, and my Sit-Around-the-Campfire jacket, Steven was equally white trash, and sure enough, a kind hearted woman insisted on taking our picture in the middle of a Big Tree. She probably felt sorry for us...in our ratty, dirty clothes.



Even the clover is huge...the one closest to Stevens index finger was almost the size of my palm. It was lush, green, quiet and truely stupendous to walk amongst those giant trees.



Of course we had to take our pictures with Paul and Babe. It was sort of funny, there are speakers built into Paul's head area and I guess someone sits inside the building that is adjacent to Paul & Babe, and he watches the tourists do their thing, and then makes comments in a huge, booming Bunyan voice. Steven was having trouble with my camera and all of a sudden you hear: "Make it snappy...my foot is getting sore!" And if small kids are nearby, he'd shout out: "Come closer, I won't kick you." Talk about nightmares.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: