Monday, January 29, 2007

Jenny and Leo

I feel so bad that I didn't finish the story of Jenny and Leo. Not that anyone has been asking, since it's one of those "family" stories that don't mean anything to anyone but the family, but I promised myself I would write it. Anyhow, just for posterity, I'll finsih it up here. After Leo returned from Japan, he married Jenny and it was one of those storybook, fairy tale marriages. He loved her with a passion and gave her everything he could. Sadly, one night while he was away, the house caught on fire and Jenny perished in the flames. He never married again and he never spoke of her, other than to say how much he loved his Jenny. None of us ever knew anything about her, whether she had family who mourned her passing, or if her family even knew what had happened. 2 things that Leo salvaged from the house were the framed 4 leaf clover that she picked for him in 1939 (the one pictured a few posts below) and the picture of her that you see below this one. None of us even know where she is buried.  Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Californiamama said...

Thank you for the full story of Jenny and Leo, it is a tragic lovestory for the ages. You follow in the footsteps of other great story tellers, an almost lost art, the passing down of family history to the next generation.

I never appreciated, or had time for my mothers stories until most recently, with my fathers passing. Suddenly I felt time passing all too quickly, and realized how little I really knew about my own family's history (ergo my own boys even less). Good for you in following a time honored tradition Shannon, keep it up.

Californiamama said...

"ergo my own boys even less" - to clarify - by this I meant they (my boys) know even less than I do about my family tree/history (NOT that I know even less about MY BOY'S history). E-gads that would be REALLY terrible!

Anonymous said...

A poignant story Shannon...I had been wondering, but didn't want to push for an ending...these things "happen in the fullness of time".

So, you have no other info other than her first name? What a mystery!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,

have you got in touch with any geneology people/websites to find info on Jenny?

If you get their marriage certificate (will be available from births deaths and marriages - sometimes the basic info is available free - not sure about Canada), you will be able to find out her parents names, where she was born etc.

If you need help sourcing sites etc - message me via Kayleen ;)

Good Luck!

Toni

Shannon said...

Toni, you are a doll, thank you so much for your help, those sites that you posted on the TT page are excellent! I'll probably be asking you for lots of help.
Shannon