Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring Walk

I am back to writing again. I think I was in a little bit of a Spring Funk. For those of you who don't know, Spring Funk is a seasonal disorder that I get every year. I love the springtime, but it always makes me feel a little maudlin and moody. I think this is because when I was a kid, my Dad was transferred every 2 years and he'd get his orders in the spring and we knew we'd be moving again that summer. So spring, to me, is reminiscent of the excitement of a new adventure and also the sadness of change.

Today however, was a wonderful day. The sun was out, the birds are carrying on with great emotion...whistling and calling each other. The squirrels are running up and down the trees to Gypsy's immense joy. ("gotta catch one, gotta, gotta, I hear them teasing me...please, just one small mouthfull of squirrel.") The snow is almost gone and we have resumed our walks in the "real" bush.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: