Thursday, September 18, 2008

Body Issues and Bathing suits.

I think all women have a little bit of an issue with their body, or at least with parts of it. I know that I do, and I really dislike the fact that I do. I know that my friends won't love me any less (or any more) if I weigh any less (or any more). I know that I am perfectly normal looking for my height and age and all those other statistics that "they" throw out, but still....but still...it's been a lot of years since my thighs have seen the light of day, the outside light that is, in the real world. But it doesn't matter anyhow because the only bathsuit I have is a bit tight (remember? You all still love me!) and just not comfortable at all. And I am not going to spend a fortune on a new one that I'll never wear anyhow, because, you know, my thighs and all..... But then, I get to thinking, I see heavy women all the time wearing shorts and bathing suits and I don't think any less of them, I don't actually think of them at all, I just see beautiful, self confident women who are comfortable in their own bodies, and I sort of wish that I could be a little more that way. But, anyhow, I still don't have a bathing suit, so it's a moot point. (or a "moo point" if you have ever watched the Friends episode where Joey thinks it's a "moo point" because its: "like cows...cows don't care, they just moo, it's a moo point." That always cracked me up. But anyhow, I digress. I went grocery shopping today, thinking that I should buy some fat free this and a little fat free that, and some low cal this and a bag of low cal that and what did I come across? Well, bathing suits. Regular $24.99 and $29.99 on for.....get this, are you ready??? .94!!!! Yes! ninety four CENTS! Apparently all the cows have mooed together and willed me to have a suit of my own to wear, and a spare as well.
~Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
~Les Brown
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Californiamama said...

Wow! What a deal :) I like them both and am sure you look beautiful in both! You know one thing about getting "older" is I find I care less than ever how I look to others, not that I'm a slob, but I am more comfortable in my own skin...I think we become more and more "invisible' as we get "old" anyways...and I don't mind a bit!