Thursday, September 04, 2008

I have decided to nix the Christmas tree this year and to go with the Christmas Palm instead. I was leafing through the Sears Wishbook last week and when I spotted these palms, they called to me like a Siren...there was just no turning away! I have been looking at artificial trees these past few years but something just wasn't "right" about them, and now I know why...I was waiting, unbeknownst to me, for a Christmas palm. I don't feel the need to put up a tree just because it's supposed to be a tree. Tacky? Maybe a little, but I simply love them and I can't wait to hang a few little ornaments and string a couple more lights, coloured ones maybe.

~ You don't get harmony when everyone sings the same note.~
Doug FloydPosted by Picasa

1 comment:

Californiamama said...

ME TOO! LOVE THEM! What a great find! Can't wait to see them with colored lites and ornaments tho they are pretty cool this way too! They make me think of Vegas baby!!!