Sunday, January 08, 2012

Mexico Day 3.5 More Jungle day.


The zip line was OH! SO! FUN! This is something I have always wanted to try, and it lived up to my expectations, plus some. There were actually three, the first one was a bit short, but it let us know how to hang on (hands not in front of your face or the sudden stop will have you giving yourself a bloody nose/black eye and/or a toothless grin.) The braver ones held their hands out into the air, not me. Steven covered his blind eye, which was a useless gesture, but funny none-the-less.

You can see in Scott's picture (the second one) how long the line was, the tree hut where we started from is waaay back there. The hardest part was climbing up the rickety ramp to get to the hut where we were attached to the actual line. You were already in your harness and you had to attach yourself to the handrail on the way up...attach and undo, move a few steps, reattach and undo...this was in case you fell or slipped, you wouldn't fall all the way down, plus you wouldn't take others with you. I am very uncoordinated at this type of thing and I was attaching in the wrong places and using the wrong hand, and just hoping that I wouldn't fall and tumble down to the jungle floor.

When you stepped off the ramp, you went so fast that you actually zoomed upwards at the end, in order to get to the next (and higher) hut.

The second line was higher and further and more exciting, and the third one was shorter and downhill and splashed us down into water, the beginning of an underground cavern that we snorkeled through.

We were told to make sure that we kept our legs straight in front of us as we hit the water, we were to hit "bum first". We were going at a fair clip, and I don't know if any of you waterski, but it's quite a fact that beginner waterskiers often get, ummmm, how can I say this delicately? An enema, if you fall wrong while skiing at a good speed. In the waterski world, you don't want to land "bum first", so I was a bit concerned about this landing, but it all seemed to be ok, well, for me anyhow, I certainly wasn't going to query the others about the state of their bowels. And on that note, I'll let you contemplate a zip line trip of your own.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: