Thursday, May 02, 2013

"B" is for Bucket List, Bored and Board.

I love lists. I love making them and reading them and I particularly love the satisfaction of crossing things off of them. Plus, when you're somewhat scatterbrained, as I am, things just don't get accomplished without lists; groceries, Christmas presents, Christmas cards, things to do while I'm downtown- it's sort of a symbiotic arrangement, me and lists. Well, not really, lists don't need me, but then again, my lists wouldn't exist without me...and, besides, I like that word, "symbiotic".

The trendy thing right now is The Bucket List, and you know how I hate "trendy", and now it's SO trendy that people don't even say "Bucket List", they just say "The List", as in "Whoa....that Drop of Doom fair ride was freaky....I can cross that off The List." and everyone nods and chuckles.

My list of things I want to do changes all the time. Going to Egypt used to be waaaay up there, but not so much anymore...it's not like it used to be, over there in the Middle East and the Far East. I wanted to go when it was Persia and Constantinople and Abyssinia and Siam and Ceylon. When it was magical. Now it's just a place of war. And scorpions. And gritty dust that gets in your teeth.

But Machu Picchu is still magical, even though there are more and tourists invading it every day. I first saw pictures of it when I was a little girl and if anything, my obsession with it has only increased over the years, it's been on my list of places that I really, REALLY want to see. And, tomorrow I finally get to board a plane and start my trip to see it. (See how I worked in the word "board" there?)

I'll try and blog when I can, from what I can tell most places seem to have Internet access and wifi, although there are a few days where there will be no power at all, never mind an Internet connection, so I'll catch up when I can. I hope you don't get too bored with my ruminations, I'll try to tone down historical stories....or, maybe not, it's my blog, if you're bored, just read through quickly (and see how I worked in "bored" too?)

These books are two of my favorites.





3 comments:

Kittycat said...

Bon Voyage, Shannon !

Love, Nancy

Kayleen said...

Buen Viaje.

Kayleen said...

B is for: Buen Viaje.

Have a wonderful time.

C is for: Can't wait to see the photos.