Thursday, February 23, 2017

India Day 5...the rest of.

So the hawkers and touts at the India Palace were enough to drive a person insane. They are in your face constantly and simply will not take no for an answer. It tends to makes one be very rude, which I'm not normally, but I got good at it pretty quickly. 

We then drove by the Presidential Palace, people are not allowed to stop there, so we drove by twice in order to be able to "click the photo." I did not "click the photo" as I do not give a rat's ass as to where the president lives, plus I hate taking pictures out of bus windows. I'm not sure why, but I just
do. One of my many quirks.

Next stop was the Qutub Minar, and I did "click the photo" there, and you may "view the photo" here:

And here: (as a plane passes over...old and new)

It's the worlds tallest rubble masonry red sandstone minaret at 273 ft tall, 45 feet wide at the bottom, and about 8 feet at the top. It's incredibly intricate with each of the different levels being carved in different styles. Pretty impressive considering it was built in 1192. There were also other buildings there, old temples and whatnot and I won't bore you with a history lesson (mostly because I didn't pay really close attention, I was too busy sweltering in the heat and trying to keep the sweat from running into my eyes) but suffice it to say, they were very beautiful.


Then we got back on the bus and headed to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.

No comments: