Friday, January 29, 2010

I love a sale.

Gotta love a sale. The last thing I need this year is more Christmas things, the reason being that I decided to change my ornament colour to silver & blue this past Christmas (last month, I mean) so I bought all sorts of new ornamants, all blue and silver, lots of sparkle and glitter in December. I didn't have a colour theme prior to this, just a mish-mash of years and years of accumulated ornaments. Some from my childhood, some from my boys childhood and even some from my Mother's childhood. You know how it is.


So I gently, and rather sadly, packed away the ornaments from years gone by and almost reluctantly decorated with the new ones, I was very pleased with the results although I almost wondered if I would have rather had blue and gold.


Well, today I was in The Great Canadian Superstore and got myself tangled up in the Christmas "blow-out" aisle and what to my wondering eyes should appear? But a sale so wonderous that I shed a tear. Cards that were regular $6.99 were on sale for .54! Rolls of wrapping paper (30 sq feet!) on sale for .14! Containers of gold sparkley (some "unbreakable", but some were real glass)ornamants, regular $9.99, $8.99 and $7.99 on for only .74! And lovely plush Santa Hats (Steven always wanted a Santa Hat, I don't know why, but he does.) for only .34! I bought $74.00 worth of wonderful things for the grand total of $7.33. What a day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Coral said...

I love sales too! "Good job" bargain hunter extraordinaire...