Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What's for dinner?

Well, not fish, that's for sure. These are mouthwateringly deelish...as Rachel Ray would say, but I just can't bring myself to cook a fish. Not 2 hours prior to this picture being taken, they were swimming happily in White Swan Lake, you can't get much fresher than that. Nice trout that would go for $18 or $20 in a local restaurant, but here at my house they go for free. After I dutifully admired them, Steven took them over to our 82 year old neighbour and his wife, and they fried them up with great joy (and onions and lemon).
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly, Shannon. I have always said this of fishing: "How would you like a giant to leap into your lounge room and smash a hook through your top lip, then drag you around said lounge room until you gave up with exhaustion?"

Kayleen

Coral said...

Shannon, I totally get it....I can go and by meat from a grocery store or market, where it may or may not be as fresh...(most likely not) and eat it from there...but if I were to see it swimming around, walking, running...yadda yadda yadda...I can't eat it...

Coral said...

that is * buy*