Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Can you imagine being able to travel anywhere you want, on a whim? Any time? Any place?

That’s something I dream of, that’s actually how I fall asleep….planning holidays and travel adventures…..so much better than counting sheep.

During the day I gaze at the jet streams that criss cross the skies above my house, and I try to imagine someone up there looking down at my little area of the world as I look up at them. I wonder where they are going, what they are thinking, are they excited? Having fun? Nervous? Scared?Although, I think most people on a plane are busy trying to get their share of the armrest, get comfy in that little area that you call your own...sort of your own mini-home away from home...you try to organize your spot, set your things up...your book, your  bottle of water, your pillow and blanket,  making room for whatever kind of dinner you may be lucky enough (or not)  to receive. 

And even though I have been lucky enough to have travelled at lot, and I am in the midst of planning a trip to Peru (T minus 107 days!) I still get travel envy when someone else is going somewhere. 

Image

No comments: