Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends! We are having our dinner today as I had to work all weekend. This working business is playing havoc with my social life I tell you! It's s shame how one has to work if one wants money.

It will just be Steven & I for dinner tonight so I am not doing a turkey, but a nice little chicken instead. A Foster Farms chicken as a matter of fact, ever see those commercials with the 2 scrawny chickens that wish they were Foster Farms? I hope I don't have one of those ones....

The guys got their elk and a couple of deer, so, as Steven says: "The pressure is off now." Me: "What the hell? You think we are Little House on the Prairie? We'll still be able to eat even if you don't get an animal." But I guess it's a guy thing. Myself, I'd rather have the Foster Farms chickens.

Weather has turned crisp and cool, gets the blood pumping when you're outside walking. I found a perfect Christmas tree in the bush, in a small clearing, so I am planning on decorating it with sparkly pinecones and maybe suet and birdseed. (in the bush that is, not in my house!) I think it will look a little magical when the snow falls. That's my Martha Stewart plan anyhow, but my plans always fall awry and I'll probably go there laden with items for the wildlife only to find the tree chewed up by beavers, or surrounded with deer poop. Ah well...the intentions are good.

1 comment:

Californiamama said...

Wonderful plan for the tree! Hope you'll take and post a picture when you do this.