Monday, October 30, 2006

I think this picture might show up twice, I sort of had a hard time downloading it. Anyhow, it seems like an odd photo, but I wanted to show how the snow glitters in the sunlight. If you click on the picture (which enlarges it a bit, a fact I only learned recently from Californiamama) you can see some of the flakes sparkling in the sun. It's much more beautiful in "real life", the flakes glitter in all different colours, a rainbow effect and you can turn your head and see blue, pinks, yellows...it's quite miraculous really. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they are gorgeous Shannon.

It looks so crunchy. I have seen snow maybe 4 times in my lifetime. One time we went ice fishing in Minnesota; what an experience that was.

Trish said...

How i miss the kootenay's winter, always gorgeous.....

Californiamama said...

Thanks for all these lovely winter scenes! I can actually feel the cold, I LOVE IT! Luckily I'll get to tromp thru some of it myself in another week, when we briefly return to WA and our mtn cabin for some "winterizing" projects....I can't wait!!!