Thursday, May 24, 2007

I have never heard such thunder as I did this morning while walking. It was sunny in one direction, but when you turned around, the sky was dark gray and getting grayer by the moment. I could hear the thunder rolling in the distance and it got louder and louder and then there was a huge "CRACK" that made me cringe for a second. Suddenly there was dead silence...even the birds were quiet, and then the sound of the wind came towards me, I could hear the leaves of the trees rustling as the wind got closer and closer and then it swept over me in a warm rush...it was almost as if I was in the path of the aftermath of an atomic bomb. The warmth swept on by and I could see the grasses and trees wave. ("Who has seen the wind? Neither you 'nor I. But when the trees bow down...the wind is passing by) Another moment of silence and then came the tapping of the raindrops as they hit the leaves and the ground. It was a dreamlike moment...almost like something from that other world was trying to tear through that thin film that separates this world from theirs.

No comments: