Friday, March 24, 2017

India....on the way out...

So this was the last day, and a long drive back to Delhi. When we arrived there, we dropped off a couple who were heading flying home a different route, so now we are 9. Then we dropped off yet another couple who were continuing on to Bhutan so now we are 7. We had a loooong wait in the Delhi airport and then a flight to Guangzhou, China, where we had another long wait.

Luckily one of my travel friends had some yen so we could splurge on a McDonalds coffee,

And some unusual ice cream treats. 

I can say I've eaten in China, I guess.  

Another loooong flight to Vancouver, and yet another wait and then home. I'm not ready for it to be over. I'm one of those who could travel forever. I'm already planning a trip 15 months from now, but I need something between then and now. Anyone got any ideas? I'm always game to go.

But I still have lots of pictures to post.....here's some arches and pillars and doorways:


And some people.....




And some odds and ends.

There are as many dogs roaming around as there are cows. Oddly, no cats. 




Like I mentioned before, for a land so full of people, I was surprised to be able to find so many quiet spots.









So from scenes like those to scenes like these:







And to everything in between:






(Looking for rum at a local liquor store)

I have to say thank you my friend, for showing me your India.




No comments: