Thursday, October 17, 2019

South Africa #1.

So. It begins. I don’t want to get too excited just yet as I am still in the waiting room at the Cranbrook airport. Once this plane leaves here I will breath a semi-sigh of relief and then once it leaves Calgary I will breath a larger sigh of relief. Even if the world collapses at that point and I spend the rest of my vacation in Amsterdam (which is where we stop and change planes), I will be ok with that. A holiday is a holiday.....and Amsterdam airport is pretty fabulous.

I usually label my blogs Day 1, Day 2 etc, but that ends up confusing me because lots of times I end up having more than one entry per day and it all gets messy. So this time I am  just going to number each day “#1” to “however many there is”. Hopefully that will make it easy to follow along.

I’m not sure how the whole wifi/internet thing will work out, so I might not be able to post again for a day or two. The time change thing messes with my mind severely, not the jet lag part but rather the whole “I never know what time it is” part.  The flight is 8 hours, a 2 hour layover,  then 11 hours, plus an 8 hour time change, we arrive in Capetown at 9:20 PM, but I have no idea what time it will be, according to my body and sleep needs. 

Anyhow, yes, I am rambling. I need to scrabble through my bag and find my various plane necessities before we board and I’m then trying to look for things without elbowing my seat mate in the head. I try to not be “that” seat mate, but I often fail. Thus the insistence on an aisle seat so that I can at least have some elbow room and get up and wander. 

Our lovely little airport in Cranbrook.




No comments: