Thursday, October 24, 2019

South Africa #11. Just a few photos and tidbits.

Here’s a few things that I keep meaning to mention and some odd photos that dont really fit anywhere in particular. 

Did I mention that the oceans here a c-c-cold? The current in the Atlantic comes from way up north and the water is always chilly. Some Beaches are called Blue Flag Beaches, and they display blue flags and it means that there are doctors and emergency services there because the water is so shockingly cold that people are always having heart attacks. Good God.

It’s springtime here, so everything is lush and green. Hopefully we will see babies when we start the games drives.

My calves are freaking aching from that damn mountain. Like aching. 

This is an average breakfast, although one an have the full eggs, bacon, sausage etc if one wants. I’m not a big morning eater. Yogurt, muesli, fresh fruit and sometimes a piece of meat and cheese. I think I said this already once, it seems familiar. 


The rooftop pool of our hotel. It was tiny, but had some lounge chairs and a nice view. I never saw anyone else use it.



The little pub in our hotel.




A map showing the hike from the other day, from the lighthouse to Cape Point to The Cape of Good Hope...the tip of Africa!





No comments: