Monday, October 28, 2019

South Africa #13

So. I am in a place that gives a teeny bit of free wifi and then it’s a ridiculous price for more, so I will quickly talk about the winery before I get cut-off. The vineyard is called Arabella, because they raise Arabian horses and also because the vineyard is beautiful (“Bella”). I am not going to attach pictures because apparently that kicks you right off the internet and you are gone for good....unless you pay.

The wines were good, I guess, I’m not a wine connoisseur, especially at 10 AM. You know me and day-drinking. Such a bore. I did the sip ‘n spit, which is the proper way, but everyone else drank theirs. I’m such a drinker-loser. 

We tasted 4 different wines, everyone bought a few bottles for later. Other than one person...guess who. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The scenery is gorgeous, it looks familiar in many ways, lots of pine and leafy trees, yet they are not quite the same as at home. It’s like a bizarre sort of opposite world...you can’t quite place the difference, like something out of a Ray Bradbury story.

So I will post this and hopefully we will be somewhere with really good wifi soon so that I can post some pictures.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Welcome to the world of "NON FREE INTERNET". On my overseas travels, I often write what is going on during the day on my iPad"s "pages" and then when I have access to internet, copy my "pages' rambles, to my Blogger page.
As long as you are enjoying your trip, don't be concerned about posting your adventures along the way. If we have to wait a few days or even until you get home, so be it. Just enjoy your trip and if we read all about it after the event, so be it. Pauline